Your contract is with Rustic Africa Safaris (“Rustic”, “We” or “Us”). The terms and conditions provided herein cover all brochures, trips and bookings made with us. Please take the time to read and understand these terms and conditions. The purchase of any travel service offered by Rustic Safaris constitutes a contractual arrangement between you and each person identified within your safari trip booking (“You” or “Your”) and Rustic Safaris. There shall be a binding contract for Your safari trip once we have received the deposit set forth in the Payment Options.
Our primary role is to manufacture and create tours and itineraries to fit your requirements and in doing so we may use independent suppliers for the provision of selected services. Whatever the case we accept full responsibility for proper performance of your contract with us subject to the conditions stated in the document.
- By making a booking with us you agree on behalf of every person detailed on the booking that you have read and understood our terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them
- When making your booking you must pay the relevant deposit as specified to you in time of booking and as specified below in the payment terms.
- Please check and confirm that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and inform us of any errors immediately. We may not be able to make any changes and you may be required to pay for the changes made by the suppliers. Please ensure that all the names given are the same as in the relevant passport
- A binding contract between you and Rustic Safaris only exists when we have accepted your booking by issuing an invoice and a deposit has been paid by you. The deposit of 75% of the invoice must be paid on receiving our invoice and the balance to be settled 30 days before commencement of our services. If payment is not made by the due date, we will notify the specific supplier who may cancel the booking and charge the cancelation fees set out in their booking conditions.
Our Cancelations Policy:
- A cancelation of a part or a whole booking must be received in writing to us 61 days before commencement of our services. Any booking canceled or reduced in days less than 61 days to your holiday date will incur the following penalties / charges.
Peak season herein refers to the month of July to October
High Mid and Low season refers to the month of January to June and November to December
While doing our utmost to avoid it, we must reserve the right to cancel arrangements. If this should happen (other than due to your default in paying) we will offer the choice of an alternative arrangement (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or receiving a full refund of all monies paid. If an arrangement is cancelled because an insufficient number of people have booked a scheduled tour, notification will be given no less than 14 days before commencement of our services. If we are forced to curtail a tour after departure due to circumstances amounting to “force majeure”, we regret we cannot make any refunds or pay any compensation or be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by you as a result. We reserve the right to make changes to brochure details and holiday arrangements both before and after your booking is made. Most changes will be minor. If we have to make significant changes to an arrangement you will be notified at the earliest possible opportunity. In such cases you will have the choice of either accepting the change or booking alternative arrangements (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or cancelling your holiday and receiving an immediate full refund of all monies paid.
“Force Majeure” means those circumstances where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reasons of war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, governmental actions and all similar events beyond our control. In these circumstances, we shall not be liable to pay any compensation or otherwise be responsible for any expenses or losses you might incur where we are forced as a result to cancel, delay, curtail or change your arrangement in any way or where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected.
In a most unlikely event where we have to cancel, curtail, amend or delay your travel arrangements due to our own negligence or failure in exercising care while making your travel arrangements or breach of our contractual agreement we will take full liability of our actions and your loss. To avoid such incidents your travel arrangements will be reviewed every so often to eliminate chances of error and omissions. Please note, our responsibilities and obligations apply only in respect of those services which we agree to arrange or provide on your behalf. We cannot accept any liability for any services which you arrange on your own.
- Should a problem occur, please advise both Rustic Safaris and the supplier of the service in question immediately as most problems are resolved most easily on the spot. Should you remain dissatisfied, please write to us setting out the complaint in detail within 28 days of the end of our services under the contract. We cannot accept responsibility for any complaints which are not notified entirely in accordance with this clause.
- If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity to investigate or rectify your complaint therefore the amount of compensation you are entitled to may be reduced or you may not receive any depending with the circumstances.
Risks, insurance and liability
- Travelling in undeveloped areas may inevitably give rise to risks and dangers including, inter alia, those inherent in travel by boat, train, road, vehicles, aircraft or other means, forces of nature, political unrest and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. We do not undertake to provide medical care and our standard terms and conditions exclude liability for the adequacy of any care that may be provided. You are therefore most strongly advised to take out adequate insurance against such risks.
- We can only provide adequate information about your insurance, passport and visas requirements for you trip and this remains for guidance only and it is your responsibility to check the requirements before your travel. Neither we or the supplier shall accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with your visa, passport or immigration requirements.
If you have any special request (for example dietary requirements, health issues, cost or room locations), please let us know at the time of booking and we will pass on all such request to the supplier but we do not guarantee that they will be met and we in such case we will not be liable to any or similar case and this will not be viewed as a breach of our contract.